Wednesday, October 22, 2008

These are the days.

Wow. So Benjamin is now almost 20 months old. He's almost at that age when I'm not supposed to count it by months. Eh, maybe I will just keep doing it anyway. "Hi, yeah, this is my son... he's 49 months old..." Ok, maybe not. He is just so much fun these days. Yeah, he's got an attitude on him, but it's really only when it comes to food which he takes very, very seriously. I think he gets that from me.

Recently, Benjamin has hit a growth spurt in his personality. He makes jokes all the time that only he understands and cracks up at them. He is always smiling and laughing. He loves to smile for the camera too. He gives sweet kisses and super tight hugs where he sees how tight he can squeeze you. He loves his stuffed animals and will hug them and rock them in his arms. His new thing is that Eddie and I have to give his Pup-pup (stuffed animal puppy) and/or his teddy bear kisses goodnight. I love it.

I love being a mom and it has taken our new working situation to make me realize how precious every day is. I just can't get enough of my kid. I look forward to the prospect of staying home and watching my son along with a couple of other kids. Though it might be difficult, it would definitely worth it.

President Joseph F. Smith said on one occasion: “After all, to do well those things which God ordained to be the common lot of all man-kind, is the truest greatness. To be a successful father or a successful mother is greater than to be a successful general or a successful statesman. One is universal and eternal greatness, the other is ephemeral” (Gospel Doctrine, Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1939, p. 285).

The above picture shows Ben sitting in his old baby carseat which he now deems as his recliner. He likes to sit in it and watch Disney movies, something we don't get to do much anymore. The second picture shows Ben doing what Ben does best: EATING. C'mon. That is a seriously happy face. All it took was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Simple pleasures.

No comments: