Friday, October 10, 2008

So much to do, so little time

I was thinking the other day about old school assignments that I have had. I guess that is what comes from working at an elementary school; I always found myself reminisncing about books I read, projects I made, tests I took, and papers I wrote. Heck, I still remember that in 1st grade we took a spelling test and I spelled the word "Washington" incorrectly. It made me mad because the teacher pronounced it "Washingten," not "Washington." Anyway, one assignment in particular cross my mind yesterday. The teacher asked the students to make a list of things they wanted to accomplish in their lifetime. I still remember some of mine. I really wanted to be on Jeopardy. Anyway, here is a list of 25 things I want to accomplish that I just compiled at age 25:

1. I want to do all the genealogy that I can.
2. I want to dance with my husband in the pouring rain.
3. I want to put my feet on European soil.
4. I want to write a book (publishing is optional).
5. I want to mother at least 3 children.
6. I would like to get my doctorate. I want people to call me Dr. Moure.
7. I want to serve another mission, but this time with Eddie.
8. I want to see Brazil again.
9. I want to take a cruise. Anywhere.
10. I want to successfully develop a musical talent.
11. I want be a motivational speaker and go on a public speaking circuit for the church.
12. I still want to appear on a game show.
13. I want to visit 50 different temples. I have already visited 5. Whew, 45 to go.
14. Go to at least one concert a year (it's Weezer this year, baby! Az State Fair... wanna come?).
15. I want to take a last minute vacation and just go!
16. I want to see New York at Christmas time.
17. I wanna visit Machu Piccu. Thanks, Travel channel!
18. I want to buy a house with at least 3-4 acres. Not too big, not too small.
19. I want to drive to Alaska just one more time!
20. I want to give out at least one Book of Mormon a year with my testimony inside.
21. I want to visit all 50 states. I've already seen 13.
22. I want to do a 10K marathon.
23. Be friends again, or at least speaking terms, with everyone I have lost touch with.
24. Own a motorcycle again.
25. Be a foster mom.

5 comments:

Kethry said...

That's a pretty cool list. Hmm, maybe I'll have to compile one of my own later.

As for the temples, is that be on the grounds of, or go inside of? Would it count if I was inside the Boston temple before the dedication, but not since?

Nikki and Edward Moure said...

Um, I count just being on temple grounds, though it would be really cool to say that you did sessions inside of 50 different temples.

Heather said...

Wow. what a list. Did you share this with Eddie. I found myself agreeing with most of yours. I'll put my list together soon.

stacey said...

That is a good list. I think I'd probably steal about 1/2 (or more) of yours.

Also, I moved my blog:
www.maughanstersinc.blogspot.com

Angela said...

I'll go to Manchu Picchu with you. I could be your tour guide! It'll be awesome.