Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"If you want to destroy my sweater..."

Last Saturday, Eddie and I went on our first date in months. Between our combined two jobs, school, soccer games, and callings, we are barely able to make enough time for our little family. This means that we hardly ever get time for ourselves. Anyway, we were able to go to the Arizona State Fair and see a concert: Angels & Airwaves and Weezer. I was more excited about Weezer so after an hour of Angels and Airwaves, I was pretty bored. Weezer finally came on though and totally rocked! I hadn't seen them since 2001. While the show was rather simple, being a state fair and all, the lights, the deep booming bass that shakes your core, the thumping of the drums, the hilarious dancing, matching jogging suits, and the oh-so catchy tunes that I know and love made it all worth it! Oh and P.S. The lead singer? Totally going bald. Our vantage point gave us the perfect view of it. Anyway, since the show had started so late, we waited around just long enough to hear our favs: The Sweater Song, So It Ain't So, Hash Pipe, Troublemaker, and Eddie's fav, Pork & Beans. After that, we cruised the fair and took advantage of the best feature of the state fair: disgustingly greasy fair food. We had fresh lemonade, a corn dog the size of my arm, and deep-fried oreo cookies covered in powdered sugar and chocolate sauce. Yeah, I know. That last one doesn't sound so good... and you know what? It wasn't. Hanging out with Eddie was fun though. So much so that I didn't even mind when I was up sick all night because of the questionable food we ate. Seriously though, all in all, I had fun.

3 comments:

The Payne family said...

Sounds like fun. I guess it worked out that I didn't come so that you guys could have an actual date without a third wheel! My mom rants and raves about the deep fried twinkies so maybe try that over the oreo next time!

stacey said...

I had a deep fried Oreo while in NYC and I was highly disappointed. Made me feel sick for a bit after eating only 2 bites. I think I'll stick to normal fried fair food, i.e. indian fry bread, corn dogs, etc. Much better!
I saw Weezer at the AZ fair about 6+ years ago. 2001? I think so.
Glad you guys had fun. :)

Angela said...

Weezer is an excellent concert. I saw them right before Austin left on his mission with Dashboard. Glad you guys got to go!