Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm makin' a list... checkin' it twice.

So Christmas is just around the corner. Of course, I have been saying that since this past July. With only 80 something days left, one thought has plagued my mind ... decorating for Christmas! I have been begging Eddie to let me put up some lights, a little garland, and perhaps even a Christmas tree, but to no avail. Eddie says that the Christmas season does not begin until after Thanksgiving. I explained to him that that is the official start, but the preseason begins now when department stores and grocery stores start making room for their holiday merchandise. I think I am slowing wearing him down. I have already begun to buy Christmas decorations, but am not allowed to display them until the first week of November. Sigh. Perhaps it would help if I start playing Christmas carols in our home. Heehee.

2 comments:

Kethry said...

I love Christmas decorations! I was at a Hallmark the other day, and they already had Christmas bags and wrapping paper.

That said, I think you're just a little nutty for wanting to decorate so soon.

Angela said...

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with Eddie on this one. My Christmas decorations don't go up until after Thanksgiving.