Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Beginning to an End and other Beginnings

Well, yesterday I told my boss that I was planning to go back to school and about my other job offer. We spoke for a while about whether I could cut back some hours at Buckle and maybe work off commission there. In the end though, I told him thanks but no thanks. He even offered to have me come back around Christmas for some extra hours. Surprisingly nice. So I have three more days at Buckle and then will begin working at PUSD (Peoria Unified School District) next Tuesday. I also will be meeting with the financial aid guy at Argosy to see if we can handle me going back for my MA in Counseling this Fall. I hadn't even planned to go back to school; it came up so unexpectedly and oddly enough, it was because of a girl I met at Buckle. Things seem to be rapidly falling into place. Amazing how that happens, isn't it? As I think back to what has gotten me through these past several weeks, I am reminded of Bednar's talk on the tender mercies of the Lord and how He is always mindful of us.
"...The Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized
blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses,
consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of
and through the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly, the Lord suits “his mercies according
to the conditions of the children of men” (D&C
46:15
)."

3 comments:

Heather said...

yeah Nikki is happy again

The Payne family said...

Oh wow, I didn't know you were thinking of going back to school already. Is Eddie going to be going to school still too?

Nikki and Edward Moure said...

He says he does, but hasnt signed up or even talked about it at all. I dont want to push him any more than I already have so... I'll go instead since I know what degree I want and what I would like to do with it. :)