Monday, June 2, 2008

Of Jobs and Kids



So, yeah, my kid is the cutest thing ever. I can't believe he will be 15 months tomorrow. I think that means I am supposed to refer to him as a toddler and not "my little itty-bitty baby with a cutey-utey tushy." Heck, he already flirts with the little girls at church (of course, his flirting consists of a nice caress of his hand on her head and circling her about 20 times while smiling). Too bad I won't let him get married till he's 30.

I can't wait to give Benjamin a little brother or sister. I think I have baby fever because I can't stop thinking about it! It's amazing how the Spirit tells you when you are ready. Eddie and I planned to wait at least 3-4 years until the next baby just because we were waiting till he finished school. Then last week, we come home from church and both say (practically in unison) how we don't want to wait that long and we want to have another as soon as possible. Funny how your plans change when you know it's right.

So, now, I just have to get a job. Once I am working for a few months, we can start trying to have our second. That way I will get decent maternity leave. So yeah, unemployment is keeping me from having a baby. You can imagine how anxious that makes me feel. I have sent my resume out to at least 40 different companies within the past 2 weeks. Other than several rejection emails and one job offer in Tempe (which I obviously couldn't take), I have received nothing. I guess I should just keep praying, right?

2 comments:

The Payne family said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of trying to get a job with a bachelors in Psychology. JR has been at it since Dec. Don't get discouraged though cause he just recently started looking in his field. As long as you have a clean driving record you should be fine. And yes, you have a very cute kid, and wow, another one! That's fun. I like it.

Heather said...

Why did i just find out right now while looking through shers blog that you have a blog as well? now we can be even more informed on what's going on. geez!