Thursday, June 26, 2008

Two Weeks and Seven Years

So earlier this week I had my third interview with BCBG, a great clothing company, for a Shop Manager position at Arrowhead mall. BCBG rents a space inside of the Dillard's store at Arrowhead and several other malls here in the Valley. The interview was successful and I was told that I would be contacted soon to begin training. GREAT! Then this morning, I got a call from the current mgr at BCBG Arrowhead. She wanted my SSN to run it through the Dillard's computer to make sure I am hireable. CRAP! See, I told you this story to tell you another story: Seven years ago I worked in the Men's Department at Dillard's selling sportswear and plaid golf shorts. I was then offered a great office job with better pay and a consistent schedule. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to put in my two weeks notice because this company needed me to begin training immediately for the girl I was to replace was getting married within a few weeks. FYI: When you do not give two weeks notice at Dillard's, you are black-balled for life. You can never, ever work for Dillard's again. Ever. So back to the original story, BCBG checked my status and saw that I was "non-hireable" at Dillard's so I ended up losing the job I never got to start. The end. Life sucks. And I am still unemployed.

2 comments:

Heather said...

i'm so sorry

stacey said...

I was kind of hoping for a secret arrest hidden in your past. ;) That sucks that Dillard's has such a strict policy. I hope Target doesn't because I'm still technically on maternity leave in CA! lol