Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Adaptation of the Mind

Yesterday as I was driving home from work with Benjamin, I thought to myself: "Nikki, you and Ben should plan a day to go to the park." Well, at second glance at this thought, something struck me. I had to plan to go to the park? Ok, ok. I like to plan things, alright? That part I knew. But was this helping me get more done? You know, it was then that I realized that my constant desire to have things planned out was actually keeping me from getting things done. Huh. By demanding that it all be planned out, I was constantly pushing activities out of today and into tomorrow. It was then that I decided. "I don't need a reason to go to the park. It takes a reason not to go and I don't have one of those. We're going to the park, Ben." And go to the park we did. :) The End.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I did the same thing on Friday. It was just me and Tori at the park and we loved it. She loved the swings and the slide. I think I might even go there again today. : )