Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Boo Year!



Because Ben and I were getting over the flu, we all decided to stay in for a quiet family New Year's celebration. Eddie and I agreed that Ben could take a late nap and then stay up as late as he could. And let me tell you, that little trooper stayed up till midnight and then some! He was having so much fun that he didn't even want to go to bed. He busily played with his toys till midnight, talking on his toy car, which I guess he deemed his new cell phone, to his girlfriend Abby and his grandma, Nana. It was adorable. All you could understand was ".....[baby talk, baby talk, baby talk]... Hi, Abby!....[baby talk, baby talk, baby talk]... Hi, Nana!....'Kay, bye!" After the countdown, Eddie got out some of those party poppers. We were a little weary as whether we should even pop them since we didn't know how Ben would react. Eddie gave it a try and much to our suprise, Ben wasn't scared. In fact, he loved them. He cracked up and threw himself on the floor laughing at the noise and the streamers going everywhere. I'm sure it helped that he was tired and a little slap-happy, ya know? I think we all were.

P.S. The title is Happy Boo Year, because Boo is one of Ben's many many nicknames.

P.P.S. New Year's resolutions? Yeah, we don't do that I guess. Eddie doesn't believe in them and I am too busy to think about more goals to set up for myself. Not satisfied? Hmm, how about our hopes for 2009? We hope we can have a safe and great year, go to the temple more, and have another baby. :)

3 comments:

Sher said...

I bet Ben was fun entertainment! we had a nice quiet new years too. it was fun to see you! we should definitely hang out again :)

The Payne family said...

Ah that Ben he cracks me right up! So thinking of another baby huh? You are going to beat me to the first one I imagine. How's school coming along?

matiek871 said...

You have such a cute family! I can't belive Ben made it up all night he is so cute! How old is he now?
Katie Hansen from alaska